Digital quality of streamed radio

Old December 31st 18, 05:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rink

Default Digital quality of streamed radio

Op 17-11-2018 om 11:21 schreef Martin:
On Fri 16 Nov 2018 23:45, Michael Chare wrote:
On 09/11/2018 09:19, Andy Burns wrote:
Java Jive wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:

You only get that sort of bit rate if you listen to BBC Radio 3.

AFAIK you can download via iPlayer or GetIPlayer all the music streams
in 320kbps.

VLC can stream all the BBC national radio stations at 320kbps, not sure
if the local stations are also available?

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_one.m3u8

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_1xtra.m3u8

..
..

I thought the high quality BBC radio streams had some encapsulation that
made them difficult to receive. Do the above avoid that problem?

Deliberately degraded for overseas listeners.

These "m3u8" streams does not work here in The Netherlands.
But I can hear a lot of BBC Radio on this site:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds

And the Local Radio stations on this site:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/stations

I do not know what the quality of these streams is.
And I do not know how to listen BBC via VLC.

Rink
Old December 31st 18, 06:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Unsteadyken

In article ,
says...
I do not know what the quality of these streams is.
And I do not know how to listen BBC via VLC.

Visit this list:

http://steveseear.org/high-quality-bbc-radio-streams/

copy the url for the station you want, open VLC and then from Media Menu
choose "Open location from clipboard"

--
Ken
Old January 1st 19, 05:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rink

Op 31-12-2018 om 19:23 schreef Unsteadyken:
In article ,
says...
I do not know what the quality of these streams is.
And I do not know how to listen BBC via VLC.

Visit this list:

http://steveseear.org/high-quality-bbc-radio-streams/

copy the url for the station you want, open VLC and then from Media Menu
choose "Open location from clipboard"

Thank you for the link, Ken,

I already tried, as earlier mentioned.

I get this message from VLC:

Uw invoer kan niet geopend worden:
VLC kon de MRL
'http://as-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net/pool_6/live/bbc_radio_one/bbc_radio_one.isml/bbc_radio_one-audio%3d320000.norewind.m3u8'
niet openen. Controleer het logboek voor details.

I can't find the logbook.
So I think, that it is not allowed to listen to these streams in The
Netherlands.

Rink