OT - Luther - and Supergirl

Old December 25th 18, 09:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default OT - Luther - and Supergirl

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:43:49 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

Digiguide shows it at 2100 on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th January on BBC1
(except the third episode which is five minutes later).

It seems there are only four episodes because the same slots the
following week have a two episode Silent Witness and Death in
Paradise, none of them marked as repeats, so presumably new.

Where's the mark for repeats? I've seen new on BBC that weren't marked as
such. I do wish that programmes just had N: or R: before them. Also, if
there's "New: The Secret..." at the start, the EPG and the PVR don't show
anything useful. I tend to avoid 'secret' progs. as obviously they bloody
well aren't.

Sometimes it's shown in the bit in brackets below the programme
description, along with other less useful info such as "stereo" or
"widescreen". I've yet to fathom the logic behind this, my best guess
being that there isn't any. If a programme is marked as "new" or
"repeat" it seems to mean only that it is new or a repeat on that
particular channel. A programme that is "new" on BBC1 or 2 may have
been previously shown on BBC4. This suggests that the information is
provided by the channel and is not collated by Digiguide. Not every
channel gives this information at all.

Rod.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old December 25th 18, 02:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

wrote:

[...]

OK, thanks, I usually check the details only for late-night progs. on BBC in
case there's a hand-waggler - makes feel rather disorientated.

BTW, tried to get the late showing of The Detail (OK, but I do fancy Angela
Griffin) and it insists on setting not only that but the earlier repeat as
well. Must be AI at work.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away