OT - Luther - and Supergirl

Old December 24th 18, 08:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

Default OT - Luther - and Supergirl

Supergirl season 2 apparently has 22 episodes; the last one broadcast (can't
remember the channel) was ep. 20. Are there any more due, does anyone know.

A BBC page, dated 27/11/18 said that the Christmas schedule included Luther,
but I've seen no sign of it and searching the EPG shows nothing.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old December 24th 18, 08:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_4_]

On Mon 24/12/2018 08:10, PeterC wrote:
Supergirl season 2 apparently has 22 episodes; the last one broadcast (can't
remember the channel) was ep. 20. Are there any more due, does anyone know.

A BBC page, dated 27/11/18 said that the Christmas schedule included Luther,
but I've seen no sign of it and searching the EPG shows nothing.

Radio Times is the answer. 'Christmas' in TV-speak includes New Year and
as the EPG is only seven days, if Luther is on at NY then it won't have
appeared yet.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old December 24th 18, 08:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 08:25:17 +0000, Woody wrote:

On Mon 24/12/2018 08:10, PeterC wrote:
Supergirl season 2 apparently has 22 episodes; the last one broadcast (can't
remember the channel) was ep. 20. Are there any more due, does anyone know.

A BBC page, dated 27/11/18 said that the Christmas schedule included Luther,
but I've seen no sign of it and searching the EPG shows nothing.

Radio Times is the answer. 'Christmas' in TV-speak includes New Year and
as the EPG is only seven days, if Luther is on at NY then it won't have
appeared yet.

You're right, of course. Found it in Wikipedia: 1st. Jan. Now why the hell
does BBC search give scores of hits on Luther, MLK, football etc. and not
the bleeding obviuos one?
Most of BBC's searches are focussed on the bleeding IPlayer and not anything
useful.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old December 24th 18, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Default OT - Luther

PeterC wrote:

You're right, of course. Found it in Wikipedia: 1st. Jan.

9pm all week I think.

Old December 24th 18, 11:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 08:40:55 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

Supergirl season 2 apparently has 22 episodes; the last one broadcast (can't
remember the channel) was ep. 20. Are there any more due, does anyone know.

A BBC page, dated 27/11/18 said that the Christmas schedule included Luther,
but I've seen no sign of it and searching the EPG shows nothing.

Radio Times is the answer. 'Christmas' in TV-speak includes New Year and
as the EPG is only seven days, if Luther is on at NY then it won't have
appeared yet.

You're right, of course. Found it in Wikipedia: 1st. Jan. Now why the hell
does BBC search give scores of hits on Luther, MLK, football etc. and not
the bleeding obviuos one?
Most of BBC's searches are focussed on the bleeding IPlayer and not anything
useful.

Digiguide shows it at 2100 on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th January on BBC1
(except the third episode which is five minutes later).

It seems there are only four episodes because the same slots the
following week have a two episode Silent Witness and Death in
Paradise, none of them marked as repeats, so presumably new.

Haven't bought the Radio Times for many years.

Rod.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old December 24th 18, 02:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this some dramatic show I have to watch or yet another bit of fluff?
I've not heard of it!

It's not bad, the box sets of the previous series are all available on
iPlayer for a few months, looks like it has subtitles but no audio
description, so not sure how easy it would be to follow the plot details.

Like all such drama it presents an over-concentrated version of the
world it's set in, don't analyse it to the nth degree.

Old December 24th 18, 04:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:28:12 +0100, Martin wrote:

ITV still have 6 unshown episodes of Midsomer Murders made last year.
http://midsomermurders.org/mainepisodeguide.htm

That'd make a nice change! The repeats are endless, but I didn't see a lot
of the earlier ones due to clashes/not time, so tried recording some. Of
course, the recorded ones were all ones that I'd seen.
One early one said "Upscaled HD" at the start - it was pretty poor, so the
original HD must have bee even worse. Or perhaps it was upscale SD ;-)
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old December 24th 18, 04:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

wrote:

[...]

Where's the mark for repeats? I've seen new on BBC that weren't marked as
such. I do wish that programmes just had N: or R: before them. Also, if
there's "New: The Secret..." at the start, the EPG and the PVR don't show
anything useful. I tend to avoid 'secret' progs. as obviously they bloody
well aren't.
Haven't bought the Radio Times for many years.

I stopped about 28 year ago, the week after my father died.

--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old December 24th 18, 07:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No well the bbc could not even be arsed to put ad on the boxed sets on
Iplayer of DR who either. They will no doubt soon be forced to do this if
Offcom have anything to do with it. its pure laziness.