Shows to bring back

Old December 23rd 18, 10:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Shows to bring back

Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

grin.

Old December 23rd 18, 11:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The dog from that film you saw

On 23/12/2018 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

grin.
Brian

i bet if they brought such a show back, but with just singers and no
hint of race that might be popular among the older viewer.
Old December 23rd 18, 11:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 11:44:58 +0000, the dog from that film you saw
wrote:

On 23/12/2018 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

grin.
Brian

i bet if they brought such a show back, but with just singers and no
hint of race that might be popular among the older viewer.

Radio 2 - 'Sing something simple'?
Old December 23rd 18, 12:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W[_2_]

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 10:26:49 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

grin.
Brian

I'd like that, but they might rename it 'Mistrels of Colour'.
I don't understand why some people are happy being described as
'persons of colour' but not 'coloured people'. Everybody has some sort
of colour.
--
Dave W
Old December 23rd 18, 12:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

wrote:

Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

grin.
Brian

I'd like that, but they might rename it 'Mistrels of Colour'.
I don't understand why some people are happy being described as
'persons of colour' but not 'coloured people'. Everybody has some sort
of colour.

You could argue whether black is a colour or lack of colour. You
could argue whether white is a colour. I suppose 'coloured' implies a
post-production process, as in a coloured TV would be different from a
colour TV.
Old December 23rd 18, 12:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 13:39:57 +0100, Martin wrote:

All the Colours of the Rainbow Sexually and Racially Diverse Minstrel Show?

Minstrel and non-minstrel show, surely?
Old December 23rd 18, 12:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

wrote:

On 23/12/2018 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

i bet if they brought such a show back, but with just singers and no
hint of race that might be popular among the older viewer.

Well, not this one at any rate.

Radio 2 - 'Sing something simple'?

Ditto.

Old December 23rd 18, 12:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

wrote:

On 23/12/2018 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

grin.
Brian

i bet if they brought such a show back, but with just singers and no
hint of race that might be popular among the older viewer.

Radio 2 - 'Sing something simple'?

"Sing Something Sinful"

I remember some members of our school choir changing the words of the
Halleluyah Chorus from 'Halleluyah' to 'Get it up you' x3 then 'While
you are young'.
Old December 23rd 18, 12:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

wrote:

On 23/12/2018 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Black and White Minstrel show in colour.

i bet if they brought such a show back, but with just singers and no
hint of race that might be popular among the older viewer.

Well, not this one at any rate.

Radio 2 - 'Sing something simple'?

Ditto.

My father liked it. Made it a condition of us listening to Pick of
the Pops that he got to listen to Sing Something Simple next.
Old December 23rd 18, 12:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 23/12/2018 12:43, Scott wrote:

I remember some members of our school choir changing the words of the
Halleluyah Chorus from 'Halleluyah' to 'Get it up you' x3 then 'While
you are young'.

There are a number of those in the folk scene, though I'd struggle to
remember them all now ...

One I can remember is that a well-known shanty contains a verse
lamenting leaving the comforts of port, and includes a line something
like ...
"And leave Miss Nancy Blair behind"
.... which is commonly changed to ...
"And leave Miss Nancy Blair's behind"