Betty Swallocks

Old December 18th 18, 04:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Betty Swallocks

On Monday, 17 December 2018 09:55:29 UTC, Chris Holmes wrote:
Well more Bore Swallocks......

I’ll preface this by saying I’ve already seen a GP and 2 nurses who have quizzed me and prodded and poked me (including a nurse who did an internal exam (allegedly with her finger, but I suspect when my back was turned she whipped out a large marrow!). But they are baffled (though investigations are on going). So I thought I’d ask here and see if anybody has any wisdom......

When I was a boy and into heavy petting as we used to call it after about 3 hours, I’d wind up with pain in my undercarriage which spread upwards for about a foot.

10 minutes with a copy of Mayfair, and 2 hours later I’d be right as rain.

What I’ve got at the moment is the same pain (though less severe) 24/7.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Chris

Could be an enlarged prostrate - any irregularities re your waterworks?
Old December 18th 18, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 18 December 2018 12:54:16 UTC, wrote:
On 17/12/2018 21:07, Chris Holmes wrote:
Had the blood test for PSA this morning.

If you get a worrying result please feel free to discuss with me in or
out of the group. I've had
rectal examination by digit (many times)
annual PSA test
prostate biopsy (once)
ultrasound (three times)
abdominal X ray (twice)
MRI (two sessions, one a double one)
CT scan (three times)
cystoscopy (camera up the willy, once)
colonoscopy (camera up the bum, once)
gastroscopy (camera down the throat, once)
nasal endoscopy (camera up the nose, once)
robotic radical prostatectomy (removal of the prostate and various other
bits)

Bill

Sounds vile - all I have had is three poo sticks sent to me every other year.
Old December 18th 18, 07:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 18/12/2018 15:47, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 December 2018 12:54:16 UTC, wrote:
On 17/12/2018 21:07, Chris Holmes wrote:
Had the blood test for PSA this morning.

If you get a worrying result please feel free to discuss with me in or
out of the group. I've had
rectal examination by digit (many times)
annual PSA test
prostate biopsy (once)
ultrasound (three times)
abdominal X ray (twice)
MRI (two sessions, one a double one)
CT scan (three times)
cystoscopy (camera up the willy, once)
colonoscopy (camera up the bum, once)
gastroscopy (camera down the throat, once)
nasal endoscopy (camera up the nose, once)
robotic radical prostatectomy (removal of the prostate and various other
bits)

Sounds vile - all I have had is three poo sticks sent to me every other year.

Do you mean the bowel cancer screening kits? They stop sending them to
you once you're over 75. Is that because there are too few over 75s to
show up in the figures?

--
Max Demian
Old December 19th 18, 01:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Marland

Max Demian wrote:
[...]

Crudely speaking once you reach that age if they have to start digging
around down there to confirm what the screen kit may have shown your body
has got too delicate and the risk of causing damage such as perforating
the bowel is higher. That could cause an infection which in itself may
sometimes be fatal.
The poo stick test gives quite a number of false positives.

GH

Old December 19th 18, 09:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
alan_m

On 18/12/2018 15:47, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Sounds vile - all I have had is three poo sticks sent to me every other year.

I've had the 3 pooh sticks and yesterday the AAA screening (Abdominal
Aortic Aneurysm).

Old December 19th 18, 11:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 19/12/2018 00:54, Marland wrote:
Max Demian wrote:
[...]

Interesting. Is there 'official' confirmation of this reason available
online? You can *ask* for further kits. Are you warned of this danger?
(It seems to me that it would be highly dependant on general health and
likely lifespan.)

--
Max Demian
Old December 19th 18, 12:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phil M

Max Demian wrote:
[...]

Having had a friend who died recently of bowel cancer, aged 71, I'll
keep using the poo sticks.

Phil M

Old December 19th 18, 02:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 19/12/2018 08:02, alan_m wrote:
On 18/12/2018 15:47, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Sounds vile - all I have had is three poo sticks sent to me every
other year.

I've had the 3 pooh sticks and yesterday the AAA screening (Abdominal
Aortic Aneurysm).

When I went for that I turned up at the designated hospital, which used
to be a lunatic asylum. Reception looked at my appointment letter gone
out and tried to deny its validity, as if they thought I'd forged it for
a laugh. After several minutes of that impasse a cleaner came across,
having overheard, and said, "They're doing 'em down theer!" She gestured
down a side corridor. At that moment two more gentlemen turned up with
their appointment letters. We all went down the little corridor to find
it ended with three locked doors. After a five minute wait I went back
to reception to make further enquiries. As I was doing this two staff
members turned up, a young man and a young woman. They'd been to the pub
for lunch.
After I was scanned I said, "Go on, admit it, you'd forgotten you had
some 2pm appointments hadn't you?" They looked sheepish and giggled.

Old December 19th 18, 02:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 19/12/2018 09:57, Martin wrote:

I can add a bone scan, a PET scan, implant of two gold markers and 36
radiotherapy sessions to Bill's list. Bone and PET scans involved injection of
radio isotopes.
Everyting was painless except the minor discomfort of biopsy and the implant of
gold markers.

I found the biopsy excruciating. Horrible experience. Afterwards I said
to the doctor, "Well, I'll tell you one thing. You've changed my mind
about my future. I was planning to go on the game but not any more."

Old December 19th 18, 07:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 13:17:34 UTC, wrote:
I found the biopsy excruciating. Horrible experience. Afterwards I said
to the doctor, "Well, I'll tell you one thing. You've changed my mind
about my future. I was planning to go on the game but not any more."

You could be a Top Daddy, I think the phrase is.

Owain