daftest one yet

Old December 17th 18, 05:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Default daftest one yet

Bill Wright wrote:

Confession: I was fooled for some time by a device that wouldn't turn
on. I had ignored the button marked 'operate'.

I picked up a small set of battery-operated Xmas lights from a
pound shop. They turned on fine, but when I went to bed they were
not working. Told myself that perhaps I was being over-optimistic
that they would be worthwhile, and made a note to look again next
time I was shopping.

Next evening, they were shining bright again. Turns out that,
apparently like many of their ilk, the control possibilities are
limited to:
1. Off
2. On for six hours, off for 18. Repeat.

Would have been nice to see that information on the package, or
included multilingual (lack of) information sheet.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old December 20th 18, 09:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
alan_m

On 16/12/2018 00:36, Bill Wright wrote:
Neighbour and customer: "Bill, either my ears have gone or the telly's
broke."
Bill: "I'll pop round. Get t'kettle on."
(shortly afterwards) I wordlessly turned up the volume, then I drank the
tea.

It could be someone I know. Having rested an object on the remote the
sound disappeared. Pressing the mute button again restored it