HDTV Newbee Questions

Old July 9th 03, 10:08 PM
NumNutts

Default HDTV Newbee Questions

Hey all, my name is Navykel and I'm a HDTV newbee. crowd says "Hi
Navykel!

I'm ready to get HDTV and have started to learn a lot. But still some
questions remain.

1. I live in the Rancho Cucamonga area east of Los Angeles. Are there
any issues with not receiving HDTV broadcasts? I need an HDTV antenna
but have seen issues against TERKs. What would be a good antenna to get?
Internal or External?

2. I've looked at RPTVs like the Sony KP-57WV600/700. But I've also seen
people talk about the Pioneer SD533 HD5 but I can't find them anywhere
in Los Angeles. Why don't regular retailers sell Pioneers?

3. I haven't seen any RPTVs with internal HDTV receivers. Are there any
with internal HDTVs? What brand of HDTV receiver is best for the budget?

specs: (2)DirectTV with Hues receiver
Tivo Series 2
Old July 11th 03, 04:17 AM
Paul

1. I live in the Rancho Cucamonga area east of Los Angeles. Are there
any issues with not receiving HDTV broadcasts? I need an HDTV antenna
but have seen issues against TERKs. What would be a good antenna to get?
Internal or External?

Most people despise TERK products. You generally need to go with a
type/location of antenna over brand, and this depends on your location
(obstruction, distance to station, house composition, etc..). These sites
might help you pick the right antenna:

www.antennaweb.org (shows you where stations are in relation to you)
and
www.titantv.com (somewhere in here it'll reccomend an antenna)

2. I've looked at RPTVs like the Sony KP-57WV600/700. But I've also seen
people talk about the Pioneer SD533 HD5 but I can't find them anywhere
in Los Angeles. Why don't regular retailers sell Pioneers?

Sorry, no idea.

3. I haven't seen any RPTVs with internal HDTV receivers. Are there any
with internal HDTVs? What brand of HDTV receiver is best for the budget?

Again, most people buy an integrated Satellite Receiver/HD-tuner combo.
These are 2 popular models if you're going with DirecTv:
Sony HD-200
Samsung TS-160

I don't have any idea about Dish network.

g/l

Old July 14th 03, 05:20 AM
Ron

Again, most people buy an integrated Satellite Receiver/HD-tuner combo.
These are 2 popular models if you're going with DirecTv:
Sony HD-200
Samsung TS-160

3 popular models.
Zenith 520 (same as Sony except for remote and price)

tivo and hdtv Home theater (general) 3 November 29th 04 10:23 PM
help a newbie about hdtv and satellite Empoy1l01l Home theater (general) 0 January 23rd 04 12:59 PM
hdtv question please help imthemanintheboxx Home theater (general) 3 November 10th 03 06:23 AM
Newb: Coax to VCR, VCR S-Video to HDTV Duncan, Eric A. Home theater (general) 2 September 9th 03 08:56 PM
Thinking HDTV? May Want to Wait Ann Meffert Home theater (general) 10 August 3rd 03 10:53 PM