Cable Card

Old August 21st 05, 08:33 PM
Stan

Default Cable Card

Does anyone here receive HDTV via cable card that actually works?

Old August 21st 05, 09:01 PM
Purple Knight

yes. i do.

Old August 22nd 05, 05:10 AM

I do using comcast and a cablecard. works great. took some doing to
finally get it authorized, but once I got in touch with the right person,
they authorized it and it has worked great every since. Note the normal
customer service reps were not able to authorized my card even tho their
computers showed that they could. It took a customer service supervisor to
finally get it to going.

Old August 22nd 05, 12:40 PM
Mack McKinnon

Used CC with TWC in Austin for several months. Signal great but frequent
drop-outs, never explained or fixed by TWC. Usually fixed by me pulling
re-seating card to clear. Gave up on it & went to 8300HD DVR box. Like
that MUCH better.

mack
austin

Old August 22nd 05, 06:35 PM
Marshall Karp

Have had Samsung HL-R5067 DLP TV for two months now, with Adelphia and CC.
The Samsung has its own digital tuner, but we get a few more HD channels
with cable card. I notice that there are a few different channels w/o, so I
pull it out and watch those once in a while. No problems at all.

I have heard by the HT guys that the resolution is better with a CC as the
TV is doing the resolution, as opposed to the STB.

Old August 23rd 05, 11:48 AM
Steven de Mena

wrote in message
.. .
I do using comcast and a cablecard. works great.

So you can receive the onscreen guide with that?

Steve

Old August 23rd 05, 02:33 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Steven de Mena" wrote in message

wrote in message
.. .
I do using comcast and a cablecard. works great.

So you can receive the onscreen guide with that?

Steve

You need a TV that can run the TV Guide software, like the Sharp "D" series,
as in LC37D5U. I have been told it works, but can take 12 hours or more to
get authorized.

Tam

Tam