Problem with TV connected via HDMI

Old July 7th 08, 03:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Angela

Default Problem with TV connected via HDMI

I have a Toshiba DLP TV (46WM48) Since connecting a Sky HD box via the HDMI
the TV is periodically losing the picture for a couple of seconds reverting
to a blue screen. The sound is not affected. I have tried 2 other TVs
attached to the sky HD box via the HDMI cable and this problem is not
replicated so I am confident it's an issue with the TV rather than the box.

Is there something I can do to the setup (either to the Sky HD box or the
TV) to stop this happening or is this a fault I'll need to call an engineer
out for?

TIA

Angela

Old July 7th 08, 04:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Angela wrote:
I have a Toshiba DLP TV (46WM48) Since connecting a Sky HD box via the HDMI
the TV is periodically losing the picture for a couple of seconds reverting
to a blue screen. The sound is not affected. I have tried 2 other TVs
attached to the sky HD box via the HDMI cable and this problem is not
replicated so I am confident it's an issue with the TV rather than the box.

Is there something I can do to the setup (either to the Sky HD box or the
TV) to stop this happening or is this a fault I'll need to call an engineer
out for?

In the Sky HD box's 'Picture Settings' menu, what's it set to: 576i,
720p, or 1080i ? Try all three modes to see if all are duff.
Old July 7th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Angela

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Angela wrote:
I have a Toshiba DLP TV (46WM48) Since connecting a Sky HD box via the
HDMI the TV is periodically losing the picture for a couple of seconds
reverting to a blue screen. The sound is not affected. I have tried 2
other TVs attached to the sky HD box via the HDMI cable and this problem
is not replicated so I am confident it's an issue with the TV rather than
the box.

Is there something I can do to the setup (either to the Sky HD box or the
TV) to stop this happening or is this a fault I'll need to call an
engineer out for?

In the Sky HD box's 'Picture Settings' menu, what's it set to: 576i, 720p,
or 1080i ? Try all three modes to see if all are duff.

I just rang Toshiba. It's a known fault and they have arranged to replace
the HDMI board. Even though it's 3 years old they are replacing it FOC

Old July 7th 08, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The dog from that film you saw

om...

Angela wrote:
I have a Toshiba DLP TV (46WM48) Since connecting a Sky HD box via the
HDMI the TV is periodically losing the picture for a couple of seconds
reverting to a blue screen. The sound is not affected. I have tried 2
other TVs attached to the sky HD box via the HDMI cable and this problem
is not replicated so I am confident it's an issue with the TV rather
than the box.

Is there something I can do to the setup (either to the Sky HD box or
the TV) to stop this happening or is this a fault I'll need to call an
engineer out for?

In the Sky HD box's 'Picture Settings' menu, what's it set to: 576i,
720p, or 1080i ? Try all three modes to see if all are duff.

I just rang Toshiba. It's a known fault and they have arranged to replace
the HDMI board. Even though it's 3 years old they are replacing it FOC

pretty nice of them to hold their hands up - albeit to not making a tv
properly in the first place.....

--
Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....

Old July 8th 08, 02:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"The dog from that film you saw" wrote in
message ...
pretty nice of them to hold their hands up - albeit to not making a tv
properly in the first place.....

We all make mistakes.

Old July 8th 08, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Angela

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
m...
Good on them. I've always found them very helpful.

That kind of service does encourage a repeat purchase!

Old July 8th 08, 04:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul D.Smith

"Angela" wrote in message

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
m...
Good on them. I've always found them very helpful.

That kind of service does encourage a repeat purchase!

Nice to know. I only know Toshiba from laptops and their support site is
always very good. Unlike many manufactuers they leave the info. about
obsolete models around long after they've stopped shipping them.

Paul DS.