Questions on shopping Circuit City for large HDTV.

Old November 28th 03, 02:43 PM
R. Makul K1XV

Default Questions on shopping Circuit City for large HDTV.

I am looking to buy a LCD projection HDTV monitor, probably one of the
new Sony 50" LCD projection sets, KF50WE610. We are in Southern Vt,
but will probably pick up our set in New Hampshire, where there are
the closest Circuit City stores and no sales tax. There is no CC
delivery available to our ZipCode. Circuit City seems to have a
liberal return/exchange policy, so that is a plus.

Question 1. I keep track of prices on the Circuit City web site,
but elsewhere I see that people seem to be able to get big price items
out of Circuit City for less than their advertised prices. Is this
due to price matching, or can you do horse trading with the sales
staff at CC?

Question 2. How big is the box that holds the KF50WE610 and can it
be transported on its side? Our pick up truck has a cap on it, so
there is limited "head room".

Question 3. Is it more advantageous to buy via the web site, or
buy directly at a store?

Any experiences of others will be appreciated.
Old December 4th 03, 06:49 AM
Yada

I bought some Klipsch Speakers from Good Guys before and they came
very close to the price of online stores, but I still have to pay
sales tax, but no S&H cost tho. So, take your print outs to the local
B&M stores and see if they can come down in price.

Dunno much about transporting TV, but I don't think you want to move
it any other way except its upright way.

I definitely don't want to buy $3000+ TV online. In case if I don't
like the quality, I can still return it to my B&M store.

Old December 6th 03, 03:59 PM
Matthew L. Martin

Yada wrote:

I bought some Klipsch Speakers from Good Guys before and they came
very close to the price of online stores, but I still have to pay
sales tax, but no S&H cost tho. So, take your print outs to the local
B&M stores and see if they can come down in price.

Dunno much about transporting TV, but I don't think you want to move
it any other way except its upright way.

I definitely don't want to buy $3000+ TV online. In case if I don't
like the quality, I can still return it to my B&M store.

I bought a $3000 RPTV online over six years ago. No problems with
shipping damage.

Matthew

--
http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.

Old December 20th 03, 01:49 AM
FazzDad

i had VERY good luck at my local Circuit City. They price-matched Best Buy,
and then when I asked them if that was the best they could do, they knocked
off another 10% or so, and delivered the same day. I ended up saving around
600 bucks. Short answer is AT LEAST SOME PLACES, yes, you can horse-trade at
Circuit City. I did.

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message
s.com...