BBC HD not working on Freesat

Old October 22nd 18, 01:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default BBC HD not working on Freesat

Not for the first time in the last 7 days

are other mediums (media) broadcasting this signal?

tim

Old October 22nd 18, 01:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"tim..." wrote in message
news
Not for the first time in the last 7 days

are other mediums (media) broadcasting this signal?

Do you mean BBC One HD? I've just checked that BBC One HD and BBC Two HD are
working on Freeview.

Old October 22nd 18, 01:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

tim... wrote:

Not for the first time in the last 7 days
are other mediums (media) broadcasting this signal?

BBC 1HD, 2HD and NEWS HD are all fine here on satellite and on
terrestrial ... sounds like an issue at your end.

Old October 22nd 18, 01:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 22/10/2018 12:22, tim... wrote:
Not for the first time in the last 7 days

Have a read of this

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/...satellite.html

--
Mark
Old October 22nd 18, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 22 October 2018 12:23:14 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
Not for the first time in the last 7 days

are other mediums (media) broadcasting this signal?

tim

Time for a retune methinks.

BBC News HD required this at the weekend.

BTW why have all but two music channels left Freesat? Most are still there, but not in the EPG.
Old October 22nd 18, 02:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 22/10/2018 12:22, tim... wrote:
Not for the first time in the last 7 days

Have a read of this

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/...satellite.html

Well that explains the problem last week, my box auto retunes so that also
explains why they came back later that same day.

And as for today's problem, now I have investigated further, it seems that
there were some men working outside on the roof this morning and they have
knocked the satellite out of line a smidge.

So it still works for the low bandwidth channels but not for the highest
bandwidth ones - which on FV is the BBC HD channels, I presume FS is the
same.

But until the two problems were separated, I thought that they had the same
cause and as the men only turned up this morning they couldn't have possibly
caused the problem earlier last week :-(

Now booked a call to the managing agents to get the workmen to put the
satellite back in the right place

I am, of course speaking in techoidiot terms and do actually mean "the
satellite dish"

tim

Old October 22nd 18, 02:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

tim... wrote:

get the workmen to put the satellite back in the right place

the workmen probably aren't equipped to undo the problem
Old October 22nd 18, 03:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

get the workmen to put the satellite back in the right place

the workmen probably aren't equipped to undo the problem

well finding the man who is

and billing the person whose fault it was

is what I pay a managing agent to do

tim

Old October 22nd 18, 03:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

In article ,
tim... wrote:

Now booked a call to the managing agents to get the workmen to put the
satellite back in the right place

I am, of course speaking in techoidiot terms and do actually mean "the
satellite dish"

Moving the satellite would also work.

-- Richard
Old October 22nd 18, 04:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 22/10/2018 14:32, Richard Tobin wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Now booked a call to the managing agents to get the workmen to put the
satellite back in the right place

I am, of course speaking in techoidiot terms and do actually mean "the
satellite dish"

Moving the satellite would also work.

But then everybody else watching Freesat would find their reception
isn't as good as usual. :-(

Jim