Old October 11th 18, 02:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Programme cut short

On 11/10/18 12:04, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:53:07 +0100
Roderick Stewart wrote:

n Thu, 11 Oct 2018 00:40:17 +0100, Davey
wrote:

Yes I routinely add 5 mins of padding before any recording (in case
the programme starts early) and 10 mins of padding afterwards (in
case it finishes late).

My PVR is set to Accurate Recording, which follows the signal sent by
the broadcaster. Padding is not normally required, as long as the
signal is correctly sent, which this one was not.

That seems like a good case for not relying on it. If you want
something done properly, do it yourself.

Rod.

The fact that this occasion stands out shows that it is very rare for
it to fail. I had several 'padding' failures before I decided on AR as
the best method.

+1

Been using it for years. I doubt that it has failed on more than a very
few occasions of the many hundreds of recordings made during that time.

--

Jeff