Old April 19th 15, 08:46 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Chris Adams[_2_]

Default expetive deleted TiVo...

Once upon a time, danny burstein said:
Eyup, I've been using a Series 3. It's only 7 or so years old...
Good thing I didn't install that larger hard drive I was
eyeing last mongh...

Yeah, it is kind of annoying (my old HD is at a friend's house now).
TiVo was ahead of the game with some of the Series3 functionality, and
now the standardized functionality won't work on the older boxes. The
good news is that (from what I understand) all the so-called OTT (Over
The set-Top box) apps tend to work mostly the same from device to
device, so the apps on the Premiere/Roamio platforms should stick around
for the foreseeable future.

--
Chris Adams