Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Layman[_2_]
Forum: UK digital tv November 8th 18, 04:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Serial link failure on TPTV

On 08/11/18 13:39, Jeff Layman wrote:

Having said that, I've just checked what programmes are set up to record
with the series link I arranged last night after the end of last night's
Public...
Forum: UK digital tv November 8th 18, 02:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Serial link failure on TPTV

On 08/11/18 12:07, NY wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
Forum: UK digital tv November 8th 18, 10:59 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Must sign in to iPLayer

On 08/11/18 09:38, Clive Page wrote:
On 07/11/2018 22:31, Marland wrote:
Have you got a back button on your remote?
Pressing that on our Samsung when it request the sign in takes us to the
Forum: UK digital tv November 8th 18, 10:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Serial link failure on TPTV

I just realised that I wasn't quite clear. The serial link will work and
record a dozen programmes or so, then fails. It can be set up again, but
fails after the same number of recordings. It...
Forum: UK digital tv November 8th 18, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Must sign in to iPLayer

On 08/11/18 06:44, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On 7 Nov 2018 22:31:06 GMT, Marland
wrote:

I see that it is now a requirement to sign in to use iPlayer.

Not...
Forum: UK digital tv November 8th 18, 09:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Serial link failure on TPTV

I've been recording "Public Eye" under a serial link on Talking Pictures
TV. However, the serial link has failed permanently (ie it doesn't miss
just one programme as all scheduled recordings are...
Forum: UK digital tv November 8th 18, 12:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Must sign in to iPLayer

On 07/11/18 22:31, Marland wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
I see that it is now a requirement to sign in to use iPlayer.

Not sure how this will work with the iPlayer...
Forum: UK digital tv November 7th 18, 08:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Must sign in to iPLayer

I see that it is now a requirement to sign in to use iPlayer.

Not sure how this will work with the iPlayer app on my Panasonic smart
TV as it asks for a code to be entered, albeit apparently only...
Forum: UK digital tv October 22nd 18, 09:20 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 21/10/18 15:54, critcher wrote:
On 05/10/2018 19:30, Brian Gaff wrote:
They obviously seem to think, then that we only watch those? There are many
which do not need it and so what would be...
Forum: UK digital tv October 19th 18, 11:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Hmm gone very very quiet here...

On 19/10/18 10:06, NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I'm not aware that there were any b/w 625 line tapes outside of bbc...
Forum: UK digital tv October 18th 18, 10:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge - update

On 18/10/18 18:26, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

I was able to try this evening as it was wet today and reception wasn't
Forum: UK digital tv October 18th 18, 08:49 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Hmm gone very very quiet here...

On 18/10/18 18:55, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

I was pondering the other day, in the absence of sight, how the definition
compares nowadays with a good 625 or 405 line tv programme...
Forum: UK digital tv October 17th 18, 10:00 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge - update

On 16/10/18 18:46, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 16/10/18 16:41, Dave W wrote:

Eventually I found that there was something funny with the coax cable
between the wall socket and the TV; I could...
Forum: UK digital tv October 16th 18, 07:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge - update

On 16/10/18 16:41, Dave W wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 18:56:23 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 14/10/18 20:25, Mark Carver wrote:
On 14/10/2018 13:46, Andy Burns...
Forum: UK digital tv October 16th 18, 12:24 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Jitter watching recorded Channel 5 programmes

On 10/10/18 14:30, NY wrote:
wrote in message

There's evidently something weird about the way the adverts and continuity
announcements are encoded as MPEG, compared with...
Forum: UK digital tv October 15th 18, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge - update

On 14/10/18 20:25, Mark Carver wrote:
On 14/10/2018 13:46, Andy Burns wrote:

Not sure if they're Carver-approved though (the ukfree.tv ones probably
aren't)

Ha ! No !

As far as...
Forum: UK digital tv October 14th 18, 07:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge - update

On 14/10/18 13:47, Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/MikeDimmickTx/library/Radiation%20Patterns/Meridian/Rowridge%20group?sort=3&page=1

Oops they're...
Forum: UK digital tv October 14th 18, 02:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge - update

On 14/10/18 12:05, Andy Burns wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

I still find it hard to understand why there is so much difference
between adjacent channels on 746MHz and 754MHz

Different...
Forum: UK digital tv October 14th 18, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge - update

On 07/10/18 20:56, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Jeff Layman

Lofts are often full of reflections. These create loads of frequency
dependent peaks and nulls in...
Forum: UK digital tv October 11th 18, 02:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Programme cut short

On 11/10/18 12:04, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:53:07 +0100
Roderick Stewart wrote:

n Thu, 11 Oct 2018 00:40:17 +0100, Davey
Forum: UK digital tv October 8th 18, 10:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge

On 07/10/18 23:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 07/10/2018 09:58, Jeff Layman wrote:
Yes, Rowridge is received across The Solent. Also, it was very wet
yesterday with a good bit of rain all day....
Forum: UK digital tv October 7th 18, 01:26 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge

On 07/10/18 09:58, Jeff Layman wrote:

I'll go up in the loft soon and play around a bit with the position of
the aerial.

Ten minutes in the loft and I am amazed at the difference a few inches...
Forum: UK digital tv October 7th 18, 10:58 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge

Yes, Rowridge is received across The Solent. Also, it was very wet
yesterday with a good bit of rain all day. However, this morning it is
dry and sunny. Despite that, about 10 minutes ago I was...
Forum: UK digital tv October 6th 18, 07:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge

On 06/10/18 16:32, Jeff Layman wrote:
I have just fitted a 36-element log-periodic
Forum: UK digital tv October 6th 18, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Strange reception issues on Ch55 and 56 from Rowridge

I have just fitted a 36-element log-periodic
(https://www.amazon.co.uk/AERIAL-LOG-PERODIC-36-ELEMENT-TYPE/dp/B01L62DT7G/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1538838784&sr=8-11&keywords=optima+aerial)
in place...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500