Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: danny burstein
Forum: Tivo personal television May 9th 17, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 1
Posted By danny burstein
getting error S03 for past week w/TIVO Series 3

If anyone's still here...

About a week ago my TiVo Series 3 began hiccuping
when trying to connect and update the guide.

I'm hooked up through Spectrum (Charter) using
a Cablecard and magic...
Forum: Tivo personal television March 9th 17, 05:35 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 0
Posted By danny burstein
[New Zealand News] TiVo service to end in October

for anyone still here...

forwarding over from rec.arts.tv

In Your Name writes:

From the New Zealand Herald newspaper (3 March,...
Forum: Tivo personal television April 19th 15, 01:50 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 6
Posted By danny burstein
expetive deleted TiVo...

In (Chris Adams) writes:

Once upon a time, danny burstein said:
They just removed their interface to...
Forum: Tivo personal television April 19th 15, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 6
Posted By danny burstein
expetive deleted TiVo...

They just removed their interface to the
free Youtube library.

They also clobbered their gateway to Amazon's
"on demand" service (a paid option).

Now it's all and only payup for...
Forum: Tivo personal television March 2nd 15, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 6
Posted By danny burstein
update, was: sometimes transferring just dies partway through...

In bilz2765 writes:

Every so often when I try using TiVo Transfer
with my Mac, only part of the file will
succesfully come...
Forum: Tivo personal television March 1st 15, 02:22 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 6
Posted By danny burstein
sometimes transferring just dies partway through...

In bilz2765 writes:

On 2/28/2015 10:38 PM, danny burstein wrote:
(if anyone's still around...)

Every so often when I try using TiVo...
Forum: Tivo personal television March 1st 15, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 6
Posted By danny burstein
sometimes transferring just dies partway through...

(if anyone's still around...)

Every so often when I try using TiVo Transfer
with my Mac, only part of the file will
succesfully come across.

To make up numbers: tvshow.TiVo might be 2.21 GB,
but...
Forum: Tivo personal television January 26th 14, 07:34 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 6
Posted By danny burstein
Romeo Pro

In "QN" writes:

So far, so good. I love the thing.

I'm hoping it doesn't start crashing like my Premiere Elite did.

Have you tried using...
Forum: Tivo personal television January 20th 14, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 2
Posted By danny burstein
what the [expletive deleted] takes TiVo so long to process...

In "Adam H. Kerman" writes:

danny burstein wrote:

Say, which TiVo do you have?

A Series 3 from about five years ago.

Hooked...
Forum: Tivo personal television January 20th 14, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 2
Posted By danny burstein
what the [expletive deleted] takes TiVo so long to process...

Why, oh why, does it take (25 minutes and counting) for
the TiVo to handle the "Loading info (organizing)" after
doing a reset?

- for that matter, why does it take over ten minutes
just in...
Forum: Tivo personal television December 13th 13, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 3
Posted By danny burstein
it's working now, was: anyone just have Tivo Transfer hiccup and die?

In (Drew Lawson) writes:

In article
danny burstein writes:

Starting...
Forum: Tivo personal television December 12th 13, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 3
Posted By danny burstein
anyone just have Tivo Transfer hiccup and die?

I've got a TiVo HD here hooked in my WiFi network.
Working fine.

Until a day or two ago I could login to it from
my various Macs, either by using Toast's "Tivo Transfer"
utiity (part of the Toast...
Forum: Tivo personal television August 26th 13, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 2
Posted By danny burstein
the new "Roamio" line of TiVos: can we still transfer from them?

In Martin Frost me at invalid stanford daht edu writes:

danny burstein writes:

With my current TiVo HD I...
Forum: Tivo personal television August 24th 13, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 2
Posted By danny burstein
the new "Roamio" line of TiVos: can we still transfer from them?

With my current TiVo HD I have numerous options for transferring
the stored tv programs from the TiVo onto another system. The easiest
is via the "tivo txfer" program that came with Toast, but there...
Forum: Tivo personal television March 10th 13, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 4
Posted By danny burstein
I wuz wrong, sorry, was: grumble... the new TiVo program guide... sucks

In danny burstein writes:

Seems to hav just changed design in the past
few days.

[snippeth]

I goofed. Instead of looking at
the "Search by...
Forum: Tivo personal television March 4th 13, 06:50 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 4
Posted By danny burstein
grumble... the new TiVo program guide... sucks

Seems to hav just changed design in the past
few days.

When looking for an upcoming program, you used
to be able to type in the name. It would then
list that program's tutle, but also let you
scroll...
Forum: Tivo personal television December 20th 11, 10:12 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 2
Posted By danny burstein
do any of the TiVo models do a(n almost) "real" shutdown?

I've been using TiVos for, gulp, a decade now. I've always
been annoyed that the "off" button only shuts down the
display, and the unit keeps on drawing just about the
same amount of power. (In my HD...
Forum: Tivo personal television February 18th 10, 11:37 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 18
Posted By danny burstein
further question, was: thanks, was: anyone using "Toast" with Tivo /Tivo-transfer? editing problem...

In (Neill Massello) writes:

Any suggestions as to either what can play the ...TiVo
files that are on my Mac? Or for a...
Forum: Tivo personal television February 17th 10, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 18
Posted By danny burstein
further question, was: thanks, was: anyone using "Toast" with Tivo /Tivo-transfer? editing problem...

In danny burstein writes:

In (Neill Massello) writes:
[snip]

burning or...
Forum: Tivo personal television January 30th 10, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 18
Posted By danny burstein
thanks, was: anyone using "Toast" with Tivo /Tivo-transfer? editing problem...

In (Neill Massello) writes:
[snip]

Trying with the menus from the top, I can go to "edit"
and see submenus, but the "cut" choice...
Forum: Tivo personal television January 23rd 10, 06:29 PM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 18
Posted By danny burstein
anyone using "Toast" with Tivo /Tivo-transfer? editing problem...

I've got a TiVo HD unit, and I'm using Toast's "TiVo Transfer"
to pull the recordings off the TiVo and bring them
to my Mac (OS X 10.5.8).

On the Mac they're stored with names such as:

Forum: Tivo personal television November 17th 09, 01:31 AM Posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Replies: 4
Posted By danny burstein
before I take my TIVO apart... has anyone tried??? ...

Just wondering if putting in a larger hard drive
is as simple as the next paragraphs sound...

(I swapped out a bunch of drives five plus years
ago and after cursing far too many times, wound
up...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22