Showing results 1 to 25 of 253
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: remysun
Forum: High definition TV April 11th 13, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,rec.arts.tv
Replies: 2
Posted By remysun
COZI-TV

WMYD 20.2 added the subchannel a few days ago, a 480i 16:9. It
replaces a 16:9 simulcast. According to WP, it's the successor to NBC
Weather Plus, but WMYD is not an affiliate.
Forum: High definition TV February 27th 13, 01:19 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By remysun
TVs should also have the remote sensor on top of the screeninstead of at the bottom.

On Feb 7, 7:30*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I just got an new TV. *It sets on top of my dresser in the bedroom.
The TV has to be setting on the very front edge of the dresser, or...
Forum: High definition TV November 20th 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 55
Posted By remysun
WPXD-TV

On Nov 19, 8:41*pm, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr."
wrote:
"Adam H. Kerman" wrote in ...

Forum: High definition TV November 19th 12, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 55
Posted By remysun
WPXD-TV

On Nov 19, 11:27*am, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:
Remysun wrote:
Canada seems to want to go the cable only route. Their OTA
transmitions are lower...
Forum: High definition TV November 19th 12, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 55
Posted By remysun
WPXD-TV

On Nov 18, 11:29*pm, Michael Black wrote:

Canada seems to have a prohibition against subchannels, or at least extra
content on subchannels. *Someone has suggested it's not a...
Forum: High definition TV November 19th 12, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 55
Posted By remysun
WPXD-TV

On Nov 18, 6:44*pm, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:
Remysun wrote:
Well, I've seen up to 6 subchannels per frequency, although only three
are used per...
Forum: High definition TV November 19th 12, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 55
Posted By remysun
WPXD-TV

On Nov 18, 12:23*pm, J G Miller wrote:
On Sunday, November 18th, 2012, at 01:52:55 +0000, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
Or, how about if I could enter call letters or a nationwide...
Forum: High definition TV November 16th 12, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 55
Posted By remysun
WPXD-TV

On Nov 16, 4:46*pm, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:
Remysun wrote:
They've finally moved and I'm finally able to receive ION channels.
Obscured because...
Forum: High definition TV November 16th 12, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 55
Posted By remysun
WPXD-TV

They've finally moved and I'm finally able to receive ION channels.
Obscured because trying to get analog Ch. 50 will PSIP to WKBD, a
simple rescan let me get this OTA gem, with a functional HD...
Forum: High definition TV October 15th 12, 10:03 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 1
Posted By remysun
FIVE STAR POLL: ONCE UPON A TIME 10/14/12 "Lady of the Lake"

Emma and Mary Margaret, with the help of Mulan, Aurora, and Lancelot,
look for a way back to Storybrooke. However, a dark force threatens
their safety. Henry tries to convince Jefferson to reunite...
Forum: High definition TV October 4th 12, 07:58 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 8
Posted By remysun
HDMI to digital optical cable

On Oct 3, 2:16*pm, UCLAN wrote:

Most TVs will only put DD5.1 audio on their digital optical
output if it is audio tuned by the TV's tuner (like 5.1 from
a tuned to TV...
Forum: High definition TV October 3rd 12, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 8
Posted By remysun
HDMI to digital optical cable

If I'm running HDMI to a TV with a digital optical output, is a 5.1
audio signal being transmitted to the receiver?
Forum: High definition TV September 28th 12, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 0
Posted By remysun
BOUNCE TV

After a week of audio testing which brought back a WXYZ DT-3 back, on
September 26, 2012, Bounce TV premiered on Detroit stations, with Soul
Train reruns and movies like The Wiz and Cotton Goes to...
Forum: High definition TV August 5th 12, 09:07 AM Posted to alt.video.digital-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 32
Posted By remysun
The Ant saga continues

On Aug 5, 2:04*am, Patty Winter wrote:

NBC's online feeds are also commercial free (after an initial 15-30
second spot as you're starting the feed). And you can watch any...
Forum: High definition TV May 11th 12, 11:35 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 0
Posted By remysun
2 x 1 HDMI splitter

On May 9, 6:33*pm, Anthony wrote:

I * bought this unit in order to see my cable channels on my kitchen
Led TV. It works just fine....but, one thing puzzles me...when all
Forum: High definition TV April 25th 12, 10:52 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 14
Posted By remysun
HD TV Question

On Apr 25, 12:41*am, wrote:
Why do some channels that are all supposed to be HD look more hi-def than
others? An example,. at least in my area and with my cable company are...
Forum: High definition TV April 12th 12, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 26
Posted By remysun
HDMI or Component cable hookup

On Apr 7, 6:50*am, the dog from that film you saw
wrote:

as for quality, component is lossy, with HDMI the picture signal reaches
the tv intact.
but hey... if...
Forum: High definition TV April 12th 12, 07:25 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 7
Posted By remysun
Rx cable enough for OTA?

On Apr 9, 7:46*pm, Frenchie wrote:
I just moved into an apartment that still has the previous owners OTA
on the roof. The cable is in the living room, not connected to
Forum: High definition TV March 23rd 12, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 25
Posted By remysun
Which component(s) should be Internet capable?

Silly kiddies, it's about trademark, and Blu-Ray (with a misspelled
blue) would be easier to uphold than Blue-Ray, which would lose to
somebody who could prove they named a sports team or a band The...
Forum: High definition TV March 13th 12, 09:14 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 26
Posted By remysun
Sound bar question revisited

On Mar 7, 11:29*pm, wrote:
Will there be any harmful effects to the cable box
or sound bar if the sound bar remains on and continually receiving a sound
signal from the...
Forum: High definition TV February 19th 12, 05:24 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 16
Posted By remysun
Flat panelTV as a computer monitor

On Feb 18, 9:54*pm, wrote:
I'm currently using a Dell U2410 24" monitor. The other day I bought a Sony
Bravia 32" 1080PTV for the bedroom. I noticed there is a computer...
Forum: High definition TV January 27th 12, 04:51 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv
Replies: 118
Posted By remysun
"Clear Cast" $38 Antenna Hype Ad

On Jan 26, 6:51*pm, TJ wrote:

20 years ago (when the following prices were about right) a mechanic
friend of mine told me that a long time before the dealership where...
Forum: High definition TV January 27th 12, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv
Replies: 118
Posted By remysun
"Clear Cast" $38 Antenna Hype Ad

On Jan 26, 3:33*pm, J G Miller wrote:

I do agree entirely with the point you are making -- today people
pay for many things, particularly branded clothing, not a cost based
Forum: High definition TV January 2nd 12, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,rec.arts.tv
Replies: 8
Posted By remysun
Farewell Universal Sports (World Championship Sports Network)

On Jan 2, 1:33*pm, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:

Wikipedia had a note that there was a press release in September than
the channel would be entirely cable and that broadcast channels...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 253