Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Les Cargill[_3_]
Forum: High definition TV May 2nd 17, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Two TV's on one hard drive?

wrote:
I don't even know if this group is still alive, but I'll try my
question.

I have a Western Digital 4Tb external hard drive with several hundred
movies I've...
Forum: High definition TV July 29th 16, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Windows 8

wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 11:16:08 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Esquibel wrote:

wrote:

Can someone tell me if there's a newsgroup for...
Forum: High definition TV January 8th 16, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Big screen vs not as big screen

Rick Daly wrote:
I went to the movies recently. Something I don't often do anymore. Maybe once or
twice a year. But I HAD to see Star Wars on the big screen! :-)

Anyway, the thought occurred...
Forum: High definition TV December 1st 15, 06:15 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
More of a computer question but...

Rick Daly wrote:
I know there's a lot of knowlegable folks here.

I'm looking for a new computer desk. My preference is one with a hutch on it.

My current, 10 year old and beat up desk has a...
Forum: High definition TV October 20th 15, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Ethernet cable question

wrote:
I'll soon be running an ethernet cable from my computer room router to a TV two
rooms and about 30 feet away. Cable will go through the floor, secured in the
Forum: High definition TV December 24th 14, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 23
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Lip Synch: Can somebody explain.....

Gene E. Bloch wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 21:16:55 -0600, Les Cargill wrote:

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
... why lip synchronization is still a problem with digital TV?

I'd say:

Forum: High definition TV December 24th 14, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 23
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Lip Synch: Can somebody explain.....

Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,
UCLAN wrote:

Gee, I've had my Sony Bravia for 7 years, and only had an audio/video sync
problem...
Forum: High definition TV December 24th 14, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
... why lip synchronization is still a problem with digital TV?

I'd say:

1) Multipath. Audio stream is on a different path than video.
2) Incompetence. Whatever must be...
Forum: High definition TV November 20th 14, 05:49 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 147
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
The Death of Terrestrial Broadcasting Is Nigh

[email protected] wrote:
Ant wrote (in part):

Isn't the whole point of curved screen to be watchable from any angle in
the viewing area? That is how I watched the movies in...
Forum: High definition TV November 11th 14, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv
Replies: 147
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
The Death of Terrestrial Broadcasting Is Nigh

Gene E. Bloch wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:31:43 -0500, TJ wrote:

On 11/09/2014 06:34 PM, Gene E. Bloch wrote:

Hey - don't forget that I'm one of the people in this NG who think a...
Forum: High definition TV October 22nd 14, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv
Replies: 147
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
The Death of Terrestrial Broadcasting Is Nigh

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"whosbest54" wrote in message

I love my OTA programming...
Forum: High definition TV October 18th 14, 08:35 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv
Replies: 147
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
The Death of Terrestrial Broadcasting Is Nigh

GrtArtiste wrote:
On 10/17/2014 7:44 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
Stephen wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:09:14 -0500, whosbest54
had a flock of green...
Forum: High definition TV October 18th 14, 12:44 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv

Stephen wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:09:14 -0500, whosbest54
had a flock of green cheek
conures squawk out:

Forum: High definition TV October 16th 14, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv
Replies: 147
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
The Death of Terrestrial Broadcasting Is Nigh

whosbest54 wrote:

"Don't hang up your over-the-air receivers yet, but the time is quickly
coming when Internet will be the only way to get...
Forum: High definition TV October 6th 14, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
TV with USB ports

wrote:
On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 18:41:56 -0500, ' wrote:

I've been pondering this for a few days. I have a Sony Bravia TV with two USB
ports. I currently...
Forum: High definition TV May 17th 14, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Sub-woofer placement

Ant wrote:
On 5/17/2014 7:18 AM PT, Elmo P. Shagnasty typed:

"woofer" job is to vibrate the floor ;-)

And walls, the seats, bodies, etc. ;)

No, that's the job of the subwoofer....
Forum: High definition TV May 7th 14, 04:46 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Sub-woofer placement

wrote:
Anywhere, right? A big woofer came with my Sony sound bar and the best location
I have for it is across the room from the TV and off to the side of the sofa.
Does...
Forum: High definition TV April 18th 14, 07:49 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Wireless home theater?

Bill Gill wrote:
On 4/17/2014 11:36 PM, wrote:
I'm going to be buying a new TV, a Sony 65" 4K, the 850 model without the
speakers on the sides of the screen as I don't...
Forum: High definition TV March 8th 14, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Black Box That Does Chrome Browser?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Charlie Hoffpauir:
Class 10 on an SD/SDHC card "means" a MINIMUM transfer speed of 10
MB/sec/ (1)

On the other hand, my Samsung SSD connected to a SATA II...
Forum: High definition TV March 8th 14, 04:07 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Black Box That Does Chrome Browser?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Les Cargill:
I am hoping that there will be a jumper or something that tells the
board to boot from an external SDD instead of the built-in ROM.

Is that...
Forum: High definition TV March 7th 14, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Black Box That Does Chrome Browser?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Les Cargill:
Yeah. But it's an Anrdoid basically, so you should be able to find good
docs there. If you prefer Linux, there's a Lubuntu port that just
takes...
Forum: High definition TV March 7th 14, 03:21 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Black Box That Does Chrome Browser?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Les Cargill:
I will bet that the Cubieboard series computers will do what you want.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cubieboard-open-arm-box

I booted the...
Forum: High definition TV March 4th 14, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
Black Box That Does Chrome Browser?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Has anybody got a box that:

- Connects to the TV

- Has no moving parts

- Takes very little power

- Presents an instance of the Chrome browser
Forum: High definition TV December 21st 13, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 11
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
That's not HD for I Love Lucy's Christmas episodes on CBS.

the dog from that film you saw wrote:
On 21/12/2013 05:31, Ant wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/R2ibLhS.jpg for a screen capture/shot. Before this,
that looked HD! Colors looked nice though!

Forum: High definition TV October 15th 13, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By Les Cargill[_3_]
SD material on an HD TV?

Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,
Les Cargill wrote:

Depends on how far you sit from it. We have a 42" and we're eight to
twelve feet...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 79