Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts From Last Day
OT a bit. Documentaries by Bill Wright[_3_]
I've just watched a Discovery documentary (on Quest HD Freeview 114). It was about the Costa Concordia. It told the story clearly, with good explanatory graphics and talking heads. No gimmicky camera work such as out of focus shots, deliberate over exposure, too much or too little colour etc....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Today 12:05 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
160 247 UK digital tv
OT: Westminster bridge pictures by Peter Duncanson
On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 00:10:50 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom wrote: On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 08:59:29 +1000, Andew Jones wrote: It is actually based on the best history books and some very decent BBC docos. And that comment wasn’t about the Dark Ages either. Oh yeah....
Yesterday 05:45 PM
by Cursitor Doom[_2_] Go to last post
5 6 UK digital tv
How do you turn on audio description on I Player by Brian Gaff
A simple thing. This used to be a simple case of using b for button and running down the page till you heard, watch with audio description. but the recent changes seem to have stopped this. I have tried links, buttons and all sorts of the other things, and if you hit watch it tarts playing it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 03:54 PM
by critcher[_6_] Go to last post
18 101 UK digital tv
Green screen again (Humax PVR) by Another John
Long story short: I asked in June about the problems of our Humax HDR-Fox T2, 5 years old, green-screening. I received several useful suggestions, and indeed I found much discussion elsewhere, via Google. In short: nothing seems to fix it, nor does there seem to be any definite ...
Yesterday 01:57 PM
by Another John Go to last post
6 17 UK digital tv
I need aerodynamic wires by Brian Gaff
Last week when it was very windy I heard a number of tones coming through the house and also in the air outside. It turned out to be cables and an aerial wire I use for short wave reception, its not even taught, but put a finger on it and you can feel the vibration. I remember on Wichita...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 01:45 PM
by Martin[_3_] Go to last post
15 35 UK digital tv
Hmm gone very very quiet here... by Brian Gaff
I was pondering the other day, in the absence of sight, how the definition compares nowadays with a good 625 or 405 line tv programme from the past? I'm forever hearing that the problems today are worse than a good betamax tape years ago, in that they are often fuzzy, and blocky with not very...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 10:09 AM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
27 48 UK digital tv