Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Layman[_2_]
Forum: UK digital tv April 28th 19, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Recommendations for Freeview PVR these days?

On 28/04/19 21:08, Andrew wrote:
On 27/04/2019 16:44, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 27/04/19 15:56, Andrew wrote:
On 27/04/2019 12:57, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 27/04/19 10:57, Java Jive...
Forum: UK digital tv April 28th 19, 05:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Celtic Music Radio

On 28/04/19 15:34, Java Jive wrote:
On 28/04/2019 15:26, Jeff Layman wrote:

Yes, I had fed that into VLC. It played it, but the bitrate info was
apparently not available.

According to...
Forum: UK digital tv April 28th 19, 03:26 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Celtic Music Radio

On 28/04/19 12:59, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , Java Jive

BTW, can anyone suggest an easy way to determine the bitrate I'm getting?

Not checked, but...
Forum: UK digital tv April 28th 19, 11:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Celtic Music Radio

On 28/04/19 11:06, Java Jive wrote:
Rather than risk hi-jacking other recent threads about online radio,
some might also be interested in this:

Celtic Music Radio
Forum: UK digital tv April 27th 19, 04:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 27/04/19 15:56, Andrew wrote:
On 27/04/2019 12:57, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 27/04/19 10:57, Java Jive wrote:
On 26/04/2019 18:35, Jeff Layman wrote:

They were, of course, bloody...
Forum: UK digital tv April 27th 19, 12:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Recommendations for Freeview PVR these days?

On 27/04/19 10:57, Java Jive wrote:
On 26/04/2019 18:35, Jeff Layman wrote:

They were, of course, bloody expensive, but I was after reliability. So
we bought one in August 2104.

I'm...
Forum: UK digital tv April 26th 19, 06:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Recommendations for Freeview PVR these days?

On 26/04/19 15:40, Java Jive wrote:

In the interests of fairness, I should mention that, to soothe my
understandably ruffled feelings, B&Q Inverness sent me a free gift
voucher for £50, which...
Forum: UK digital tv April 25th 19, 08:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Recommendations for Freeview PVR these days?

On 25/04/19 08:02, PeterC wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 21:33:13 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

Anyway, I've been looking at replacing it. Unfortunately, the current
crop of Panasonic and Humax...
Forum: UK digital tv April 24th 19, 09:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Recommendations for Freeview PVR these days?

On 24/04/19 19:54, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 07:43:24 -0700 (PDT), larkim
wrote:

For the last few years I've been an EE TV subscriber as I...
Forum: UK digital tv April 9th 19, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 51
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
APROPOS OF NOTHING

On 09/04/19 12:41, Scott wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 12:33:57 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 08/04/19 20:34, Java Jive wrote:
On 08/04/2019 03:56, Bill Wright...
Forum: UK digital tv April 9th 19, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 51
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
APROPOS OF NOTHING

On 08/04/19 20:34, Java Jive wrote:
On 08/04/2019 03:56, Bill Wright wrote:
APROPOS OF NOTHING

It’s seven years since I installed an aerial or a dish. But several
times a week I have...
Forum: UK digital tv April 8th 19, 03:24 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 51
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
APROPOS OF NOTHING

On 08/04/19 09:42, Scott wrote:

I believe Linus Pauling 'discovered' the benzene ring structure in a
dream after a long period of trying to reconcile the numbers of carbon
and hydrogen atoms. ...
Forum: UK digital tv March 16th 19, 12:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Milton Abbas

On 16/03/19 11:17, wrote:
Did anyone see the satellite dish mounted on a fence post on that website?

As the ground will alternate between drying out and getting swollen...
Forum: UK digital tv February 26th 19, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
BBC on Freesat EPG

On 26/02/19 03:16, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 19:52:57 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 22/02/2019 19:43, Mark Carver wrote:

made me cringe that feller.

He's...
Forum: UK digital tv February 19th 19, 06:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 128
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Put a date on this!

On 19/02/19 17:15, Mark Carver wrote:
On 19/02/2019 12:37, Jeff Layman wrote:

OC71?* Pure luxury.* I had to settle for making a crystal set and damn
fine
it was too.

I am...
Forum: UK digital tv February 19th 19, 12:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 128
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Put a date on this!

On 19/02/19 12:09, Pamela wrote:
On 08:09 16 Feb 2019, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 16/02/19 02:55, Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/02/2019 18:56, Jeff Layman wrote:
On...
Forum: UK digital tv February 16th 19, 08:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 128
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Put a date on this!

On 16/02/19 02:55, Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/02/2019 18:56, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 15/02/19 18:26, Bill Wright wrote:

The results of these
experiments were published by the BBC in...
Forum: UK digital tv February 15th 19, 06:56 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 128
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Put a date on this!

On 15/02/19 18:26, Bill Wright wrote:

The results of these
experiments were published by the BBC in 1960.
As already stated, a further series of 625-line experimental
transmissions is to be...
Forum: UK digital tv February 13th 19, 07:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Great British Railway Journeys - sound out-of-sync

On 13/02/19 11:51, Andrew wrote:
On 13/02/2019 09:36, Dave W wrote:
Also
the picture was very blocky and blurry compared to the perfect
pictures I normally get on iPlayer.

That was...
Forum: UK digital tv February 12th 19, 10:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Great British Railway Journeys - sound out-of-sync

On 12/02/19 21:42, NY wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
My recordings of this week's two episodes of Great British Railway
Forum: UK digital tv February 12th 19, 08:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Great British Railway Journeys - sound out-of-sync

My recordings of this week's two episodes of Great British Railway
Journeys have had the sound way out of sync. Usually this can be "fixed"
by stopping playback and starting it again, but not this...
Forum: UK digital tv February 7th 19, 07:29 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
sound cutting out on radio via freeview

On 07/02/19 18:22, Woody wrote:
On Thu 07/02/2019 17:48, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 07/02/19 10:06, Marland wrote:

We tend to to listen to the local radio via the freeview set a lot
Forum: UK digital tv February 7th 19, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
sound cutting out on radio via freeview

On 07/02/19 10:06, Marland wrote:

We tend to to listen to the local radio via the freeview set a lot nowadays
as it is convenient and FM and Dab from Rowridge is a bit iffy in this
bit of...
Forum: UK digital tv February 5th 19, 01:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
IBA 1986

On 04/02/19 17:04, Mark Carver wrote:
On 04/02/2019 14:28, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 14:00:43 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

Forum: UK digital tv February 1st 19, 04:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
A516digital to stop listing Freeview updates

On 01/02/19 14:52, Andy Burns wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

From https://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-updates.html
"This service will not be available from March 2019.

Try this site...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500