Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 10.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Everett M. Greene
Forum: Satellite dbs January 30th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 19
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Question about DirecTV on Demand

Charlie Hoffpauir writes:
joeturn2000 wrote:

If in doubt whip it out! Why dont you just try it and give us a
report?

If you were making...
Forum: Satellite dbs January 8th 09, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 49
Posted By Everett M. Greene
DISH Network Introduces World's First 'SlingLoaded' HD DVR

Bill R writes:
DISH Network(R) Introduces World's First 'SlingLoaded' HD DVR

Source: http://ces.cnet.com/2300-19167_1-10000135.html?tag=mncol

Dish DuoDVR...
Forum: Satellite dbs October 23rd 08, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 8
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Satellite TV Pirate Sentenced to 14 Months in Federal Prison

Patty Winter writes:
Everett M. Greene wrote:
Bill R writes:
Satellite TV Pirate Sentenced to 14...
Forum: Satellite dbs October 23rd 08, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 8
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Satellite TV Pirate Sentenced to 14 Months in Federal Prison

Bill R writes:
Satellite TV Pirate Sentenced to 14 Months in Federal Prison After
Pleading Guilty to Illegally Rebroadcasting DISH Network's Programming

Source:...
Forum: Satellite dbs August 23rd 08, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.conspiracy,rec.video.satellite.dbs,rec.video.satellite.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Beware Dishnetwork Hidden "Upgrade" Charges!!!

Char Jackson writes:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:04:41 -0000, Alex wrote:
"Population Stabilizer" wrote:
I just made the mistake...
Forum: Satellite dbs July 20th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 3
Posted By Everett M. Greene
What's Fortec Star satellite receiver

Raymond Feist writes:
(Everett M. Greene) wrote:

I recently obtained a Fortec Star DVB-786NA digital satellite
receiver from my late...
Forum: Satellite dbs June 23rd 08, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 10
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Goodbye DISH

BB wrote:
After 10 years, I finally woke up and smelled the coffee.
It only took another day on the phone with DISH CSRs, lies,
hangups unreturned calls and broken promises to get the job
Forum: Satellite dbs March 21st 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 40
Posted By Everett M. Greene
DirecTV Nightmare

Raymond Feist writes:
Patty Winter wrote:
JerryC wrote:

I call Directv - they blame the installer. I...
Forum: Satellite dbs January 22nd 08, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 16
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Dish mounting?

David writes:
Everett M. Greene wrote:
writes:
Brad wrote:
wrote:
clifto...
Forum: Satellite dbs January 22nd 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 16
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Dish mounting?

writes:
Brad wrote:
wrote:
clifto wrote:

What's the least destructive and/or...
Forum: Satellite dbs January 10th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 33
Posted By Everett M. Greene
EchoStar Introduces New High-Definition DVR Receiver

"AMUN" writes:
[snip]
With the Federal Govt ultimately paying the bills for all of these, even
[convertor boxes].

And where do you think the Feds get the...
Forum: Satellite dbs December 3rd 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 94
Posted By Everett M. Greene
AT&T wooing EchoStar

Jeff Burris writes:
T. Keating wrote:

Get your numbers right.. Neither DBS Sat service is going bankrupt.

DTV.. has close to 17 million customers and
Forum: Satellite dbs October 24th 07, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 12
Posted By Everett M. Greene
DTV and DN HD comparison...

Jeff Shoaf writes:
Jim wrote:
Although DirecTV doesn't (to my knowledge) offer an external drive for
the HR20, they are available. Presumably "any" e-Sata drive...
Forum: Satellite dbs October 20th 07, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 10
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Nonpenetrating Roof Mounts - UPDATE

"Ray" writes:

You can be on the fringes of hurricanes. You may be up on the
roof afterwards getting the antenna realigned.

I was actually wondering what...
Forum: Satellite dbs October 19th 07, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 10
Posted By Everett M. Greene
Nonpenetrating Roof Mounts - UPDATE

"Ray" writes:
"Ray" wrote

DirecTv is upgrading me to HD today. Since the new dish is bigger, they
cannot remount it to my...
Forum: Satellite dbs October 18th 07, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs

"Ray" writes:
DirecTv is upgrading me to HD today. Since the new dish is bigger, they
cannot remount it to my chimney. The installer tells me that they will be
Forum: Satellite dbs October 5th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 94
Posted By Everett M. Greene
AT&T wooing EchoStar

Jeff Burris writes:
Todd Allcock wrote:

Call their bluff and have the DTMF taken off to save a buck or two-
in this day and age the DTMF might still work anyway,...
Forum: Satellite dbs October 3rd 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 94
Posted By Everett M. Greene
AT&T wooing EchoStar

joeturn2000 writes:
On Oct 1, 12:08 pm, Jeff Burris wrote:
And after all the breaking up and recombining, they still have
monopolistic...
Forum: Satellite dbs September 29th 07, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 94
Posted By Everett M. Greene
AT&T wooing EchoStar

(Richard Cranium) writes:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:54:30 GMT, "Cubit" wrote:
"The Ghost of General Lee" wrote
Bill R...
Forum: Satellite dbs September 28th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 3
Posted By Everett M. Greene
What are the Two New Boxes?

Chris Thomas writes:
Newer receivers will be able to tune the entire 1500 mHz range

Isn't 1.5 Hz a rather narrow bandwidth?
Forum: Satellite dbs September 27th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 11
Posted By Everett M. Greene
State of Connecticut Criminalizes Unauthorized Satellite Install

"AMUN" writes:
"alt" wrote
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:04:20 +0000, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
In alt.dbs.echostar UCLAN ...
Forum: Satellite dbs September 26th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs,alt.dbs.echostar
Replies: 11
Posted By Everett M. Greene
State of Connecticut Criminalizes Unauthorized Satellite Install

"Don S." writes:

Which part of the public health, safety, and/or welfare do they think
benefits from this action?

It's a new revenue maker although I...
Forum: Satellite dbs August 24th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 0
Posted By Everett M. Greene
What were NASCAR/ESPN/Dish doing?

UCLAN wrote:
Everett M. Greene wrote:

Ah, OK. But if you had kept up to date online (much more up to date than
any newspaper) you would have known when/where the race...
Forum: Satellite dbs August 24th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 7
Posted By Everett M. Greene
What were NASCAR/ESPN/Dish doing?

UCLAN writes:
Everett M. Greene wrote:

See what happens when becomes too reliant technology? I read in the
newspaper after posting the above that the race would...
Forum: Satellite dbs August 22nd 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 7
Posted By Everett M. Greene
What were NASCAR/ESPN/Dish doing?

UCLAN writes: