Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 15.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gary Davis[_2_]
Forum: Satellite tvro July 29th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Anyone watching FTA DVB-S2 8PSK?

Sorry Gary, but I'm confused. Are you receiving DVB-S2 or Dishnetwork
8PSK?

I am getting DVB-S2 FTA signals, specifically, NBC on AMC-18 C-band.
Both SD and HD, in 4 time zones, are...
Forum: Satellite tvro July 20th 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Anyone watching FTA DVB-S2 8PSK?

Just a quick followup--- I got the Pansat 9200HD and it does indeed
receive these channels. In fact it works great in most ways, unless
you happen to have a TiVo in the room... then WATCH...
Forum: Satellite tvro July 20th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 28
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Big Ugly Dishes will be back !!!!

Well, more than likely the new C-band LNB works and you don't need to
test it ;-) But if you don't have an analog receiver, you can
probably get one for 15$ or free, why don't you try and see ...
Forum: Satellite tvro July 13th 08, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 28
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Big Ugly Dishes will be back !!!!

I recall a 5-foot dish was
sold for c-band reception of Dr. Gene Scott on Westar 5. It was called
"Doc's Dish" for promotion purposes and it reportedly worked pretty good! I
think this was...
Forum: Satellite tvro July 10th 08, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Anyone watching FTA DVB-S2 8PSK?

Fortunately, that is no longer necessary. There are several
consumer-grade receivers that can pick up these signals... just trying
to figure out which is the best!
--Gary

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008...
Forum: Satellite tvro July 10th 08, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 28
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Big Ugly Dishes will be back !!!!

West Coast - 123W. I might be able to get something off of AMC8 as there
isn't anything C-band to the west of it and the same with Anik F2
(nearest C-band to the east is 107.3 - Anik...
Forum: Satellite tvro July 9th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 10
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Anyone watching FTA DVB-S2 8PSK?

Is anyone using an 8PSK board to watch legal channels? (ie, not Turbo
8PSK which is used to hack dish network, but Tandberg's DVB-S2 8PSK).

If so can you tell us about your equipment!

thank...
Forum: Satellite tvro July 9th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 28
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Big Ugly Dishes will be back !!!!

I am also going to be experiementing with a C-band LNB on a 1m dish. A
tad small, but hey, why not try it? If it doesn't work, oh well. This is
a hobby after all and you can't have a hobby...
Forum: Satellite tvro March 19th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 6
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
DirecTV Reciever Modification

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:31:35 GMT, "DDT" wrote:

Don`t know, but you can do that with old dish receivers.
"Tim" wrote in message...
Forum: Satellite dbs March 15th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 9
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Is NASA Still on DirecTV?

And on ch. 283, it looks even worse than usual...
Did they cut the bitrate in half too?
--Gary
Forum: Satellite tvro March 3rd 08, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 1
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
If you really want to see the picture...

Since you can't post binaries to this list, I posted the picture of my
new 12-foot C-band install on

alt.binaries.satellite-tv

--Gary
Forum: Satellite tvro March 3rd 08, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 0
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
L.A.'s newest C-band Install ! - P1010058_12foot_small.jpg (0/1)

Just to show that home C-band isn't dead, here's the 12-foot dish I
installed yesterday! Currently it only gets one satellite at a time
(shown here on AMC-4 for NBC), but hope to get it tracking...
Forum: Satellite tvro January 17th 08, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 12
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
It's Back.... and it's gone ;-(

Agree, I am getting it poorly. uHenry says he is getting it well...
--G

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:48:25 -0600, PaulTry
wrote:

It's back again this afternoon with color bars...
Forum: Satellite tvro January 15th 08, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 12
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
TVRO Installer in L.A. ??

THANKS! The "satellite 911" link actually has a list of "dealers"
(nationwide) who, one would hope, are also installers...
--Gary

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:39:41 GMT, BigFoot...
Forum: Satellite tvro December 25th 07, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 3
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Reverse Lyngsat

No, I've known this for years.
I posted this URL in response to the message "General Question," but I
thought I'd make the "Subject" more targeted to my response.
--G

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:01:57...
Forum: Satellite tvro December 25th 07, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 3
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Reverse Lyngsat

Or better yet, try this link, it will keep you in the USA:

http://www.lyngsat-address.com/tv/United-States_A.html

--Gary

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 09:26:13 GMT, (Gary Davis) wrote:

There...
Forum: Satellite tvro December 25th 07, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 3
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Reverse Lyngsat

There is a reverse version of Lyngsat, where you start with the
channel name and it tells you all the satellites that channel is on.
It's still up to you to figure which transponder etc and if any...
Forum: Satellite tvro December 25th 07, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 2
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
TVRO Installer in L.A. ??

I was trying to move one of my dishes to a new house without changing
any of the adjustments. Alas, the guys who took it down disassembled
it into two halfs and de-aligned everything.

I'm supposed...
Forum: Satellite dbs December 15th 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Replies: 1
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Can I Add/Remove receivers from DirecTV's Website?

Hello,
I wanted to delete some old receivers and add a new one using
DirecTV's website. But all I can find is the ability to change which
"room" they are in. Am I missing something?

If I can...
Forum: Satellite tvro November 12th 07, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 1
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
Free 12' Mesh dish in Los Angeles - Last Chance !

My landlord is forcing me out because he doesn't like big dishes.
I'm taking the Prodelin with me, but the 12' UniMesh is up for grabs.
Includes H-H mount and C-band feed/LNB.
Dish is slightly...
Forum: Satellite tvro November 12th 07, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 2
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
HDTV Customers Still Can't See

4% watching OTA HD? Another good reason to chuck it and leave analog
turned on...
--Gary

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 03:19:39 GMT, BigFoot
wrote:

SkyReport:

News Briefs: HDTV...
Forum: Satellite tvro October 19th 07, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 0
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
NASA TV switches to Single Channel Backup (DVB)

NASA has switched to their single-channel backup feed this morning.
If you haven't programmed this feed, you need to re-scan the
transponder with the same MHz and S/R you're already using, and...
Forum: Satellite tvro October 12th 07, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 5
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
FTA Forum

If you can't find *illegal* satellite TV just by googling, then your
browser isn't working!
--G

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:38:15 GMT, "truth B told"
Forum: Satellite tvro October 3rd 07, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Replies: 7
Posted By Gary Davis[_2_]
ABC on G28-20

So do you think a professional analog receiver with a wide bandwidth
setting might get it? I hate to invest in new equipment for a channel
who's live expectancy is way over, but I imagine they're...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41