Replies: 3
Posted By novel8
Spectrum just raised my rate again

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 5:35:40 AM UTC-5, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
On 2018-01-22 23:42:31 +0000, Novel8 said:

When i threatened to end my cable with them a couple of years ago, they...
Forum: High definition TV January 22nd 18, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 3
Posted By novel8
Spectrum just raised my rate again

A couple of months ago I got a $3.50 increase for my monthly rate. The fact that i didn't get it around Xmas time for a change, I thought. oh OK, $3.50 is not that bad, though i did not like it. Now,...
Forum: High definition TV October 7th 17, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 2
Posted By novel8
Time Warner Cable ( Spectrum ) charging now TCM

On 2017-03-28 17:41:43 +0000, Novel8 said:

We were all set to watch an old movie on TCM which I have been watching
Forum: High definition TV March 28th 17, 06:41 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 2
Posted By novel8
Time Warner Cable ( Spectrum ) charging now TCM

We were all set to watch an old movie on TCM which I have been watching sparingly for the past 12 years as a subscriber that included TCM free. On the screen it advise us to call a phone number. I ...
Forum: High definition TV January 27th 16, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 9
Posted By novel8
Time Warner did it again

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 11:46:18 AM UTC-5, Stewart wrote:
"Novel8" wrote in message
They just raised...
Forum: High definition TV January 23rd 16, 03:36 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 9
Posted By novel8
Time Warner did it again

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 1:49:08 AM UTC-5, Wes Newell wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:41:55 -0800, Novel8 wrote:

They just raised my monthly bill about $40...to $136. Now, I do not...
Forum: High definition TV January 22nd 16, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 9
Posted By novel8
Time Warner did it again

They just raised my monthly bill about $40...to $136. Now, I do not have any premium channels, but I do have the internet, which is about $47 of that figure. I am sick and tired of having to 'argue'...
Forum: High definition TV December 28th 15, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 4
Posted By novel8
COZI-TV

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 3:25:18 PM UTC-4, Remysun wrote:
WMYD 20.2 added the subchannel a few days ago, a 480i 16:9. It
replaces a 16:9 simulcast. According to WP, it's the successor to...
Forum: High definition TV December 16th 15, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 0
Posted By novel8
2BuckTV commercial

I'm sure I am not the only one that has watched this informercial. They promise for 2 bucks ( dollars ) a month, you can watch your local and cable channels, through your internet. I know, if it...
Forum: High definition TV July 23rd 14, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 3
Posted By novel8
Time Warner keeps adding to my fees

I know the situation by now ..argue with them and threaten to end your membership and they resort back to the original fee. Its a cat and mouse thing.. Late last November i did just that and they...
Forum: High definition TV March 28th 13, 12:13 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 0
Posted By novel8
Roku with TW or solo

I have been considering getting Roku before TW made its announcement of merging with them. I have TW cable and internet..so I was wondering which way to go...to my advantage...any pro and cons i...
Forum: High definition TV October 8th 12, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By novel8
Cable keeps going black on and off

On Monday, October 8, 2012 12:27:28 PM UTC-4, Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,

Novel8 wrote:

I have a Samsung...
Forum: High definition TV October 8th 12, 03:37 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By novel8
Cable keeps going black on and off

I have a Samsung LCD 55" tv with TW cable. Now i read recently that there maybe interference due to sun bursts for about a week which may effect TV and/or Audio. Well as i watch TV from my sick bed,...
Forum: High definition TV October 3rd 12, 01:52 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 10
Posted By novel8
Time Warner adding $3.95 for modem

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:07:31 AM UTC-4, UCLAN wrote:
On 10/2/2012 4:23 PM, Novel8 wrote:

I received a card today notifying me that starting Oct 15th they will add

that...
Forum: High definition TV October 3rd 12, 12:23 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 10
Posted By novel8
Time Warner adding $3.95 for modem

I received a card today notifying me that starting Oct 15th they will add that amount to their modems per month. Another blood sucking fee to add to their overpriced internet and TV cable system....
Forum: High definition TV July 16th 12, 12:28 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 3
Posted By novel8
HDMI cable would not work on replacement box

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 4:37:08 PM UTC-4, meagain wrote:
Novel8 wrote:
> I had to get a replacement hd box from TW.

Why? Was it broken? Could a static discharge have
damaged it AND the...
Forum: High definition TV July 15th 12, 06:29 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 3
Posted By novel8
HDMI cable would not work on replacement box

I had to get a replacement hd box from TW. When I connected the same hdmi cable that worked on the previous box, would not work on this one. I just can't keep buying these cables not knowing why...
Forum: High definition TV July 13th 12, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 2
Posted By novel8
Cable lost cause of TW updating

Last night we were all prepared to watch a little TV. The screen was blank. In th e past unplugging the the plug would set it up to work again...but not this time. Called TW and they said no outages...
Forum: High definition TV July 13th 12, 03:45 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 3
Posted By novel8
TV company recommends autoscan for cable

Why would they recommend that..doesn't it depend on your cable plan and whatever you get is what is for that plan? So what good would autoscan do?
Forum: High definition TV March 26th 12, 02:08 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 23
Posted By novel8
OTA and channels

On Mar 25, 7:05*pm, whosbest54
wrote:
In article ec4cee03-a560-49ad-acbb-
, says...

Forum: High definition TV March 25th 12, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 23
Posted By novel8
OTA and channels

On Mar 25, 11:41*am, whosbest54
says...

If you have an analog cable...
Forum: High definition TV March 24th 12, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 23
Posted By novel8
OTA and channels

On Mar 23, 12:49*pm, whosbest54
wrote:
In article
,
says...

I...
Forum: High definition TV March 22nd 12, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 23
Posted By novel8
OTA and channels

I have a 55" lcd samsung TV, which came also with an AUX input to
connect to an antenna, of any kind. I have an older outdoor antenna
and just by attaching it to that AUX, i only get one or two...
Forum: High definition TV January 31st 12, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 14
Posted By novel8
Time Warner does it again

On Jan 31, 7:13*am, Agent_C wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:27:49 -0800 (PST), Novel8
wrote:

It seems every few months they add a buck...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45