HomeCinemaBanter

HomeCinemaBanter (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/index.php)
-   Satellite tvro (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   It's Back! (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/showthread.php?t=56170)

[email protected] January 14th 08 02:59 AM

It's Back!

That which my receiver believes to be T4-20 is back. Fans of Sunday
evening soap operas, rejoice.

PaulTry January 14th 08 03:08 PM

It's Back!

wrote:
That which my receiver believes to be T4-20 is back. Fans of Sunday
evening soap operas, rejoice.

I'm glad to see it's still there this morning. =-O
I wonder why they took it away for so many weeks and then
brought it back.

BigFoot January 15th 08 04:03 AM

It's Back!

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:59:30 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

T4-20 is back

Yes...hopefully, until OTA digital deadline comes about...thx

Sal M. Onella January 15th 08 08:33 AM

It's Back!

wrote:

T4-20 is back

Yes...hopefully, until OTA digital deadline comes about...thx

Hm-m-m-m ... Doesn't the OTA digital deadline only affect land-based
transmissions in the TV broadcast bands?

BigFoot January 15th 08 04:16 PM

It's Back!

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:33:27 -0800, "Sal M. Onella"
wrote:

Hm-m-m-m ... Doesn't the OTA digital deadline only affect land-based
transmissions in the TV broadcast bands?

Yes...but networks are feeding this stuff to them...so, if your local
station is setup to do digital, I would doubt they need an analog
feed.

Hence, analog is dead once OTA is 100% digital...for networks.

Gary Davis[_2_] January 15th 08 11:24 PM

It's Back.... and it's gone ;-(

SSIA

UCLAN January 16th 08 06:44 AM

It's Back!

BigFoot wrote:

Hm-m-m-m ... Doesn't the OTA digital deadline only affect land-based
transmissions in the TV broadcast bands?

Yes...but networks are feeding this stuff to them...so, if your local
station is setup to do digital, I would doubt they need an analog
feed.

Hence, analog is dead once OTA is 100% digital...for networks.

The local station has to convert to ATSC to transmit the signal OTA. It
makes no difference whether it is digital or analog going to them. The
FCC's "GO DIGITAL" mandate for OTA transmissions is irrelevant when
discussing ABC's feed on satellite. One has nothing to do with the other.

UCLAN January 16th 08 06:46 AM

It's Back.... and it's gone ;-(

Gary Davis wrote:

SSIA

???

All I know was I got static when I went there to watch "Boston Legal"
tonight. Bummer.

PaulTry January 16th 08 10:48 PM

It's Back.... and it's gone ;-(

Gary Davis wrote:
SSIA

It's back again this afternoon with color bars but (on my
system) marginal signal strength/quality.

Gary Davis[_2_] January 17th 08 10:46 AM

It's Back.... and it's gone ;-(

Agree, I am getting it poorly. uHenry says he is getting it well...
--G