HomeCinemaBanter

HomeCinemaBanter (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/index.php)
-   UK digital tv (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sad news (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/showthread.php?t=79724)

Bill Wright[_3_] August 23rd 19 06:24 PM

Sad news

On 23/08/2019 15:25, Alan White wrote:

Anyway, these matters are now behind me. I suppose this is as good a
place to mention it as any, but my beloved wife Hilary died on the 7th
August. I am utterly heartbroken.

Bill

Very sorry indeed to hear that, Bill.

Thinking of you.

Thank you.

Bill

Brian Gaff August 24th 19 10:58 AM

Sad news

Yes, not seen this at all here. Very sad, and my condolences Bill. From
experience of loss of loved ones there is nothing anyone can say or do to
make it better, everyone of us grieves differently, and all I can say is
that many people who were dear to me are still alive in my head and that is
all we can hope for really.

"Robin" wrote in message
I hope Bill will forgive me for reposting from uk.d-i-y the bit quoted
below but it was news to me and so will possibly also be to some here.

For ease of a reference Bill's email address is

On 23/08/2019 04:36, Bill Wright wrote:

snip

Anyway, these matters are now behind me. I suppose this is as good a
place to mention it as any, but my beloved wife Hilary died on the 7th
August. I am utterly heartbroken.

Robin

Bill Wright[_3_] August 24th 19 01:20 PM

Sad news

On 24/08/2019 09:58, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes, not seen this at all here. Very sad, and my condolences Bill. From
experience of loss of loved ones there is nothing anyone can say or do to
make it better, everyone of us grieves differently, and all I can say is
that many people who were dear to me are still alive in my head and that is
all we can hope for really.
Brian

Than you Brian. Food for thought.

Bill

Scott[_4_] August 25th 19 05:45 PM

Sad news

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 09:43:27 +0100, Robin wrote:
[snip]

Anyway, these matters are now behind me. I suppose this is as good a
place to mention it as any, but my beloved wife Hilary died on the 7th
August. I am utterly heartbroken.

Please accept my condolences too. I know we all enjoy a good argument
on the newsgroups, but when something like this happens it makes one
stop and realise what is really important in life.

Bob Latham August 25th 19 07:04 PM

Sad news

In article ,
Scott wrote:

I know we all enjoy a good argument on the newsgroups, but when
something like this happens it makes one stop and realise what is
really important in life.

+1

Ain't that the truth.

Bob.

--
Bob Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands

pinnerite August 25th 19 07:28 PM

Sad news

Like all your followers, I too am very sorry for your loss.

Alan

Bill Wright[_3_] August 25th 19 11:56 PM

Sad news

On 25/08/2019 18:28, pinnerite wrote:
Like all your followers, I too am very sorry for your loss.

Alan

Thank you my son.

Bill

Mr Pounder Esquire August 26th 19 01:22 PM

Sad news

Bill Wright[_3_] August 26th 19 01:47 PM

Sad news

On 26/08/2019 12:22, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
pinnerite wrote:
Like all your followers, I too am very sorry for your loss.

Alan

+1

An oddity is that when people say "You'll feel better eventually" or
whatever my reaction is to think that I don't want to feel better. I
want to stay like this for ever, crying for her. To "feel better" would
be to distance myself from her, and I don't want to do that. I want her
to fill my mind for ever.