HomeCinemaBanter

HomeCinemaBanter (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/index.php)
-   High definition TV (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Any HDMI sightings yet? (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/showthread.php?t=3582)

Pete Fraser September 2nd 03 08:08 PM

Any HDMI sightings yet?

I thought there was going to be a plethora of HDMI options
by now, but I have not seen anything yet.

Anything out there?

I'm not enthusiastic about buying a system without it.

Tom September 3rd 03 12:39 AM

"Richard" wrote in message

"Pete Fraser" wrote in message
I thought there was going to be a plethora of HDMI options
by now, but I have not seen anything yet.

Anything out there?

I'm not enthusiastic about buying a system without it.

Certification of hardware just began about two weeks ago. Expect to see

the
first hardware with this interconnect this Fall at the earliest. Soon

fully
integrated DTV's with cable and over the air tuners (and later dish and
direct tuners), and HDMI interconnects with compatible DVD players and
receivers.

We should have a pool on how long before the next connection standard that
"everyone must have" comes out.

Wasn't DVI the big thing just like 2 seconds ago?

Tom